Last Updated: October 7, 2020
Collection Of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide directly to us. This includes, for example, information you provide when you sign up to receive updates, request information, fill out a form, sign a petition, sign up as a volunteer, sign up for an event, create an account, participate in a contest or promotion, make a donation or purchase, communicate with us through third party social media sites, request support, send us an email, or communicate with us in other ways. The types of information we may collect include your name, contact information (email address, postal address, and phone number, for example), credit card and other payment information (although payment information is generally collected directly by a third-party processor), and any other information you choose to provide.
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use our Site, we collect some information about you automatically, including:
- Log and Usage Information: We collect information related to your access to and use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may derive the approximate location of your device, such as from your IP address.
- Transactional Information: If you make a donation or purchase, we may collect information about the transaction, such as donation amount, purchase price, product detains, and date and location of the transaction.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used in our Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see “Your Choices.”
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We and our service providers may also obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you on our Site. For example, we and our service providers may collect information about you from third parties.
Use Of Information
We may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Site;
- Provide and deliver the information you request, process donations and transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and provide technical support;
- Respond to your emails, submissions, comments, questions and requests; request feedback or support, and otherwise contact you about Hood to the Holler and your use of the Site;
- Sending you information to keep you informed about various issues, campaigns, events, activities, and volunteer opportunities, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (see Your Choices below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- To solicit volunteers, donations and support for Hood to the Holler and for other organizations, campaigns, issues and efforts that we support and to connect you with other volunteers;
- Remind you to vote and register to vote and assist you in finding your registration information, polling location and events near you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Site;
- Personalize the Site and provide advertisements, content or features based on your preferences, interests, and browsing and online activities;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect our rights and property and that of others; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing Of Information
- With vendors, service providers, volunteers, and consultants who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With allies, organizations, campaigns, groups or causes that we believe have similar viewpoints, principles or objectives or share similar goals and with organizations that facilitate communications and information sharing among such groups or otherwise assist such groups;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet law enforcement requirements;
- When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Hood to the Holler, its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any reorganization, formation of new committee or successor organization, asset sale or transfer, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of Hood to the Holler; and/or
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used by those third parties to identify you.
Links To Other Websites
If you sign an online petition, you understand that such petition is public information and that we may make the petition, and your name, city, state, and any comments provided in connection therewith publicly available. In addition, we may provide such petitions or compilations thereof, including your comments, name, city, and state to national, state or local leaders, or to the press.
Social Sharing Features
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Site with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending your privacy for the relevant social media site. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising And Analytics Services Provided By Others
For more information about interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices. You can also change your browser settings to block cookies, although doing so may disable some features of our Site.
Transfer Of Information To The U.S.
Hood to the Holler is based in the United States, and is directed to U.S. residents, and we process and store information in the U.S. If you are located outside the U.S., we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access to your information in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. You can also review your choices regarding behavioral advertising cookies at www.aboutads.info/choices. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from Hood to the Holler by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law may permit residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at Hood to the Holler,4314 Kinloch Rd., Louisville, KY 40207 or [email protected]